MOTO GP Race Crash – MOTO GP BIKES goes up in FLAMES: MOTO2 saw a horror mass crash in Algarve, Portugal on Sunday. The accident was such that 8 RIDERS were caught in it. The riders were forced to flee from a burning bicycle. Joe Roberts takes his first Grand Prix victory in an interrupted Moto2 Grand Prix of Portugal, which saw only 17 riders make the 7-lap restart: Follow MOTO GP LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN
F1 Drivers’ Championship: Max Verstappen closes GAP with Charles Leclerc after…
MOTO GP Race Crash: Watch Horror Crash in MOTO GP 2, 8 riders fall and bikes go up in FLAMES: Check OUT
MOTO GP BIKES goes up in FLAMES – What exactly happened?
- With 15 laps to go in the race, a number of riders crashed on the approach to turn two.
- Eight riders have been involved in a horrific Moto2 crash with a bike that caught fire.
- Zonta Van Den Goorbergh’s bike was engulfed in a shocking fire.
- The rest of the field – including former race leaders Aron Canet, Cameron Beaubier and Ai Ogura – were left out.
- They all crashed during the chaos caused by a sudden downpour and then couldn’t get their bikes back to the pits in time.
- Moto GP has confirmed that all riders involved in the mass crash “are conscious”.
Moto GP results: Fabio Quartararo WINS, now tied for world championship lead with Alex Rins
Reigning world champion Fabio Quartararo disappeared into the distance to claim his and Yamaha’s first MotoGP victory since Silverstone last season in Sunday’s race.
The Frenchman was joined on the podium by Johann Zarco (Pramac Ducati) and Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia).
Jack Miller crashed and beat Joan Mir trying to pass the Suzuki rider for third place.
Combined with the fall of title leader Enea Bastianini, Quartararo is now tied for the lead in the world championship with Alex Rins.
Rins had a stunning recovery from 23rd to 4th place.
MotoGP now heads straight to Jerez for next weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix.
Follow MOTO GP LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN