Niantic wants to give Pokemon trainers plenty of time to prepare for Pokemon Go Tour: Johto, so the company has announced a week-long event to do just that.
The Pokemon Go Tour Poke Ball Prep Rally will begin on Friday, February 18 at 10:00 a.m. local time and will continue until February 25 at 8:00 a.m. local time. The event is designed to allow players to earn lots of Poke Balls while looking forward to the Johto-themed event on February 26.
Pokemon GO – Johto Tour Trailer
Please use a browser compatible with html5 video to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you cannot access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’ you agree to GameSpot’s Terms
Poke Balls, Great Balls, and Ultra Balls will serve as the main prize for completing Timed Research tasks during the event, while Buddy Pokemon will also net the player Poke Balls as gifts. Several ball-shaped Pokemon will become more available – including the first Hisuian Electrode – while new Ball Guy-themed avatar items will be added to the in-game store.
The full list of Pokemon Go Tour Poke Ball Prep Rally events is below:
- Timed Research tasks will award Poke Balls, Great Balls, or Ultra Balls as prizes.
- Hisuian Electrode will debut in Pokemon Go.
- Players can transform Hisuian Voltorb into Hisuian Electrode by using 50 Voltorb Candy.
- Foongus, Voltorb, and Hisuian Voltorb will spawn more frequently in the wild. Lucky trainers may also spot Amoongus, Electrode, and Galarian Stunfisk.
- A new Ball Guy themed avatar outfit will be added upon purchase.
The Pokemon Go Tour Poke Ball Prep Rally will lead directly into the Pokemon Go Tour: Johto event which will take place on February 26-27. Niantic has confirmed that Apex Shadow Lugia and Ho-Oh will be added to the game during the Johto event, each having a special move that can be upgraded by purifying the Pokemon after catching it.
GameSpot may earn a commission on retail offers.