Posted on Nov 23, 2021, 12:27:00 PM
Ruhaan Alva remains undefeated in the Novice Cup class.
The second round of the 2021 JK Tire FMSCI National Racing Championship (JK NRC) saw intense battles at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore. Three different winners were crowned in the LGB Formula 4 category, but it was Tijil Rao who stole the show by stepping onto the podium in all three races.
Ruhaan Alva continued his dominant run in the Novice Cup, while Anfal Akdhar and Anish Damodara Shetty achieved victories in the Continental Cup GT Royal Enfield.
- Sayed, Diljith and Rao win LGB F4 races
- Penalty denies double victory for Anish Damodara Shetty
- Ruhaan Alva dominates Novice Cup
LGB Formula 4
Ahura Racing’s Amir Sayed worked his way from fourth on the grid to win the opening race of the round. However, the following day was dominated by Dark Don Racing with the team taking all of the podium spots.
TS Diljith withstood pressure from Vishnu Prasad to win Race 2. Towards the end of the race, Prasad focused on defending his position, but ultimately lost to Dark Don Racing duo Tijil Rao and Sandeep Kumar, who completed the podium.
After finishing second in the first two races, Rao eventually landed a spot at the top for winning Race 3.
1. Amir Sayed (Ahura Racing) – 26min 03.085secs
2. Tijil Rao (Dark Don Racing) – 26 minutes 03.524 seconds
3. Sandeep Kumar (Dark Don Racing) – 26 minutes 04.623 seconds
1. TS Diljith (Dark Don Racing) – 23 minutes 10.852 seconds
2. Tijil Rao (Dark Don Racing) – 23 minutes 18.310 seconds
3. A. Sandeep Kumar (Dark Don Racing) – 23 minutes 18.521 seconds
1. Tijil Rao (Dark Don Racing) – 21 minutes 34.441 seconds
2. Sandeep Kumar (Dark Don Racing) – 21 minutes 36.264 seconds
3. Ashwin Datta (Dark Don Racing) – 21 minutes 36.452 seconds
Continental Cup GT Royal Enfield
After dominating the practice sessions and qualifying, Anish Damodara Shetty won Race 1 from pole position. He was locked in a close battle with Allwin Xavier and only made his winning move on the last lap.
Shetty couldn’t replicate his success the next day with a 30-second yellow flag overtaking penalty, reducing his chances of securing another victory. Anfal Akdhar ended up winning ahead of Allwin Xavier and Raj Kumar.
Royal Enfield’s new retro motorcycle racing series, with the Continental GT-R 650, aims to make track racing more accessible to both novice and experienced riders. You can go here for more details on the race-ready version of the Continental GT 650.
1. Anish Damodara Shetty – 13 minutes 54.772 seconds
2. Allwin Xavier – 13 minutes 55.503 seconds
3. Anfal Akdhar – 14 minutes 00, 130 seconds
1. Anfal Akdhar – 5 minutes 53.042 seconds
2. Allwin Xavier – 5 minutes 53.387 seconds
3. Raj Kumar – 5 minutes 55.744 seconds
Ruhaan Alva of MSport continued his dominant run in the JK Tire Novice Cup. Two rounds and six races later, the 15-year-old remains undefeated.
1. Ruhaan Alva (MSport) – 14 minutes 33.431 seconds
2. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 14 minutes 36.442 seconds
3. Aadithya Parasuram (Hasten Performance) – 14 minutes 42.833 seconds
1. Ruhaan Alva (MSport) – 13 minutes 22.885 seconds
2. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 13 minutes 23.794 seconds
3. Joel Joseph (DTS Racing) – 13 minutes 42.994 seconds
1. Ruhaan Alva (MSport) – 21 minutes 08.051 seconds
2. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 21 minutes 12.389 seconds
3. Gaurav Kochar (Momentum Motorsports) – 21 minutes 12.949 seconds
Copyright (c) Autocar India. All rights reserved.